Get Peace of Mind Out on the Water with Watercraft Insurance
We know boats, and we know what it takes to properly protect your pride and joy. In Connecticut, insuring your watercraft is optional – but we highly recommend it. Watercraft insurance helps to protect your sailboat, 40-foot cruiser, or jet-ski as well as your finances. Experience smooth-sailing with the peace of mind of knowing you are properly protected if something goes wrong.
Fun can quickly turn into a calamity when you’re on the water. Even if you’re the safest boater and follow all the necessary safety precautions, unfortunately, you are still at risk from the elements and antics of others. The consequences of misfortune can be extremely costly.
Watercraft Insurance Coverage
While every policy will be different for each boater and boat, there should be some standard coverages, including:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage which covers your liability to another person.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage helps to pay for damage caused to another person’s boat, dock or other property.
- Medical Payments Coverage helps to pay for a boater or their passenger’s medical bills if they are injured.
- Hull and Equipment Coverage typically covers damage that a boat sustains from a wide range of hazards including theft, weather, fire, and collision.
- Towing coverage provides coverage for towing costs if your watercraft is disabled.
In addition to these coverages, watercraft policies usually offer optional coverages such as:
- Equipment Coverage & Fishing Gear
- Personal Property
- Fuel spills
- Recovering a sunken boat
- Electronics Coverage
As you pick out an insurance policy, it may be apparent that you qualify for some discounts. Just a few of the discounts we offer include:
- Account credits (if you have more than one policy with a company)
- Safety equipment credits
- Safety course credits for state boating, as well as Coast Guard and Power Squadron courses
The Reardon Agency offers watercraft insurance that can help to keep you afloat with a whole range of benefits customized to meet your protection needs at a reasonable cost.