You’ve Worked Hard to Build Your Business – We’ll Help You Protect It
Whether your business is large or small, established or a start-up, a retail store or a home-based business, or anything else in between, The Reardon Agency offers the right insurance policies to protect your business. No two businesses are alike; we identify ways to adequately insure the unique hazards of your business. As business owners ourselves, we understand the importance of adequate protection, affordability and unquestionable peace of mind.
Business Insurance Coverage
Business insurance in Connecticut covers a broad selection of coverages that protect your business.
Property and Liability Insurance
- Property insurance protects your commercial building, office furniture, equipment, machinery, inventory, supplies, business records, and other physical items in the event of a loss caused by a covered peril such as fire or theft. This coverage can also supplement the loss of business income that you may incur in the event of a loss.
- Liability insurance covers the business owner against injury or damage claims filed by other parties, including those which happened on your property, off your property, or were caused by your business operations or the product you sell. Businesses can add extra liability protection by securing a commercial umbrella liability policy – since we are in the age of million-dollar lawsuits.
- Business Owners Policy, (or BOP), packages Property, Liability, and other types of coverage into one comprehensive package policy.
- Commercial Umbrella policy – to add another layer of liability coverage
Workers’ Compensation and Employer’s Liability Insurance
This coverage applies to accidental bodily injuries, diseases, and deaths arising from the workplace. Workers’ compensation is required by law even if you only have one employee, and is designed to provide the injured employee with medical benefits, income benefits, and rehabilitation. It also offers death benefits to the injured party’s family in the case of a work-related fatality.
If your business is in the industry of advising people, you may need to take out insurance in case mistakes happen. This coverage insures not only your mistakes but also the mistakes of the employees, covering legal defense costs.
Other coverages available include:
- Commercial auto
- Crime insurance
- Life insurance
- Employment Practices Liability
- Cyber Liability
- Business interruption insurance
- And more!
Secure the livelihood of your business by taking out reliable insurance policies. At The Reardon Agency, we take the time to learn about your business’s unique risks, so that we can find the right policies for your needs.