Try out this healthy Halloween recipe.
When you’re young, Halloween is all about candy and sweets. However, as you get older, you start to get more concerned about eating healthy. However, eating well doesn’t mean that you have to cut out fun or flavor. Try out this healthy Halloween recipe for a perfect way to get your sugar fix.
Spiced Cookie Bars (aka Old-Fashioned Hermits)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark seedless raisins
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup mild molasses
- 3 tbsp. margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Spray large cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, raisins, brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt until combined.
- Stir in molasses, melted margarine or butter, vanilla, and egg white just until blended.
- With metal spatula, spread batter onto the cookie sheet in two 12-inch by 2-inch strips, about 2 inches apart. Bake 10 minutes. While hot, with serrated knife, cut strips crosswise into 1 1/2-inch-wide bars.
- Remove bars to a wire rack to cool. If not serving right away, store bars in a tightly covered container.
This delicious and healthy Halloween recipe is sure to put you in a festive mood. Are you looking for assistance with your insurance this Halloween? If so, then contact the experts at The Reardon Agency. Our dedicated team is eager to get you the coverage that you need today.
Comments are closed.