Healthy recipe to test this new year.
For many people, 2020 is a great opportunity to get a fresh start and work on improving their health. If you have set a resolution to get into better shape this year, then it’s important that you improve your diet. To jumpstart your health journey, here is a healthy recipe to test out this new year.
Low-Carb Taco Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (1-oz.) packet taco seasoning
- 4 large, ripe beefsteak tomatoes
- 1/2 c. shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/2 c. shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 minutes. Add ground beef and taco seasoning. Cook, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon, until no longer pink, 8 minutes. Drain fat.
- Flip over tomatoes, so they’re stem-side down and slice to make 6 wedges, being careful not to cut all the way through. Carefully spread open wedges.
- Divide taco meat among tomatoes, then top each with cheese, lettuce, and sour cream before serving.
These easy, delicious, and low-carb taco tomatoes are the perfect healthy recipe to test out this new year. Need help securing the right insurance to keep you safe all year long? If so, then contact the experts at The Reardon Agency. Our dedicated team is eager to get you the coverage that you need today.
Comments are closed.